Hi! I’m Amy! I love to create home decor, paper and wood crafts and sewing projects. I started The Happy Scraps in 2008, as a way to share some of my favorite projects with friends and family. My blog has evolved over time and now I enjoy sharing craft and DIY projects and tutorials of all kinds.
My husband Tom and I are the parents of four boys. While I love working on my blog, being a mom is the best job in the whole world.
A few fun facts about me…
- I grew up in a very small town in central Utah, where I learned to love crafting and sewing. I never thought I’d be a “city girl,” but I am raising my family in Salt Lake City, UT.
- While in high school, I worked for my dad’s excavating company. I can operate several pieces of heavy machinery, including a backhoe and loader. I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty and I attribute my love of wood crafts and DIY to this experience.
- I spent a lot of time scrapbooking my kids early years and developed a real eye for working with patterns and building upon basics.
- My hair is naturally curly. I have a love/hate relationship with it and I am always looking for new beauty and styling products to try.
- I live in a land-locked state, but I am a certified scuba diver. My husband and I are always on the lookout for an opportunity to vacation on a warm, sunny beach.
If you are new here, you’ll want to check out a few of these popular posts:
- Paper Flower Spring Centerpiece
- Cloth Diaper to Burp Cloth Tutorial
- Dry Erase Marker Teacher Gift
- Self-Binding Baby Blanket Tutorial
- How to Take Napkins from Drab to Fab
- My Fall Front Porch
- Happy Birthday Banner
- 12 Months of Bulletin Board Ideas
You can link up your projects here every Thursday:
Thank you for stopping by! I’m excited to get to know you.