It is no secret that I LOVE my Cricut! Ever since I started this blog 6 1/2 years ago, I’ve been sharing Cricut Projects! I got my first Cricut nearly 7 years ago, and although I’ve upgraded a couple of times, I have always loved the machines! This NEW Cricut Explore though, it can’t be beat! It is the best one yet! Honestly, I loved my Cricut Expression so much (and still do) that it took me a little while to fall in love with this Cricut Explore. But now, I’m completely head over heals for this machine. These are my Top 10 Reasons Why I LOVE My Cricut Explore.
- The very biggest thing for me is that I can now cut my own fonts! Font already on my computer. I always wanted to do this with older machines, but never could, and I had enough cartridges that I could do what I needed to do, so it wasn’t too big a deal for me. Now that I can cut what I want, well, I do it all the time. The possibilities are endless. Not only can I cut the fonts I want, but I can design my own graphics, or find other images that I need, and I can cut them out, by simply uploading them to Cricut Design Space.
- The SmartSet dial! Say I want to kiss cut some vinyl. I don’t have to think anymore about how deep to set my blade, or what pressure to have the machine set at. All I have to do is turn the dial to vinyl, and it knows how to cut it. It is so handy! The Cricut Explore is just so smart!
- I am so impressed with the intricate shapes and designs that the Cricut Explore can cut. When I got my machine, one of the very first things I cut out was some vinyl, it was little tiny, to go on the back of my phone. I COULD NOT believe that this machine could cut vinyl that small! I was totally mind blown! Not only that, but I have used the machine to cut out several different kinds of small confetti. You can see some in this post here.
- This machine is quiet. It is so quiet that if I get up to go grab something while it is cutting, I have to come back to see if it is done. I don’t hear it finish cutting. This is nice because I can use it late at night when my kids are sleeping, or early in the morning before they are awake, and it doesn’t bother them at all.
- Unlike Cricut machines in the past, the Cricut Explore now has a Print-Then-Cut feature! This is something I am SO excited about, although I will admit that I am a little nervous about trying it for the first time (I haven’t tried it yet.) You are able to print on your own printer, and then put it in your machine, and it cuts it out. I’m pretty sure when I sit down and try it, my mind will be blown!
- Have you ever wanted to cut wood, leather, or metal with your digital die cutting machine? Well, with the Cricut Explore, YOU CAN!! I have seen this machine cut metal, balsa wood, leather, vinyl & paper, and that’s just a handful of what it can cut! For a full list of what the Cricut Explore can cut, click here.
- With my Cricut Expression machine, I used Cricut Craft Room all the time. When I got this New Cricut Explore machine, there was a learning curve with learning the new Cricut Design Space software. After months of using Design Space, there are still a few things that Cricut Craft Room has that I wish Design Space had. 🙂 One of the things that I do love about the Cricut Explore and Design Space though, is that on the computer screen, you push go, but then you push go again on the machine. That way, you know you are completely ready for your cut. You aren’t trying to put your material in and start the cut all while looking at the computer screen, which was the case with Cricut Craft Room.
- You can Cut, Draw, and Score with this machine, and you can do it all at once! No need to start the project several times. The software will tell you when you need the blue pen, red pen, or the scoring tool, and then it will also cut when and where it needs too.
- It is SO precise! With other machines that I have used (even older Cricut machines) I’ve sometimes had trouble with the starts and ends of a cut, lining up. Not with the Cricut Explore. It cuts so precisely! It is amazing!
- The capability to cut wirelessly! You can purchase a blue tooth adapter that makes it possible to cut wirelessly. I’m so excited about this because I’ll be able to cut from my laptop when my kids are using the desktop for homework. There have been days, when I am cutting, so my kids have to wait until I am finished to work on their homework. That won’t be an issue anymore! Also, in January, Cricut is releasing an app. You’ll be able to design and cut right from the app, but you’ll also be able to jump from app to computer and back again. Amazing, right?! I’m pretty excited about this, so much so that I think my husband and I will be getting an iPad for Christmas to make it that much easier to create!
This machine is SO amazing, just plain fun to use, and it is pretty! I love the way it looks, and I love using mine. I use it almost daily!
If you are wondering how the Cricut Explore stacks up against the Silhouette competition? Check out this Silhouette vs. Cricut study, and see for yourself! I’ve used a Silhouette Portrait, and from my personal experience, I say Cricut all the way. I think it is more user friendly.
Now, if you are thinking “I need to get myself one of these”, then you’ll want to be back here Friday when I announce the Black Friday deal. The deal is awesome, I’ll tell you that much! I’ll keep you posted for sure! Update: Click here to see the Black Friday Deal. It is good through Monday, December 1, 2014.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions shared are 100% my own.